Over the last several IPVSs, it has become standard that some weeks after the completion of the IPVS that the proceedings are published on the IPVS website and made available to our IPVS Media Supporters, one or more of whom then post it in their own web-based publications.
Attending the IPVS, like most conferences, provides a whole lot more than the “bare bones” provided by the proceedings abstracts. Among the enhancements gained by physically attending the IPVS are:
- Most authors present updated material and data of their research results obtained after they submitted their abstract
- Opportunity to speak to authors and researchers in group and/or one-on-one settings
A wealth of new updated information is available via formal and informal contact with colleagues
- The “hallway meetings” are a treasure trove of new information
- The posters, especially at this IPVS, have great enhancements (charts, graphics, videos) that cannot be included in proceedings abstracts
- Meeting and exchanging with new and old friends and colleagues
- The list goes on and on and on...